ABOUT THE DOCUMENTARY:
Sweet Nothing: America’s Addiction to Sugar is a feature length documentary meant to challenge and educate the American public about the overconsumption of sugar in their day-to-day food intake, and to chronicle how the elimination of sugar has helped various Americans drastically reduce their risk of or eliminate serious diet-related diseases that are a national public health concern like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. The documentary will include experts in the field of sugar research, individuals who have kicked their sugar addiction, a Big Food whistle blower, and more to help illustrate just how serious America’s addiction to sugar is and how greatly the overconsumption of sugar impacts an individual’s health.
- To educate the public by accurately illustrating how the overconsumption of sugar is negatively impacting the health of millions of Americans.
- To show and discuss scientific data that proves a link between disease and the overconsumption of sugar
- To discuss and prove whether sugar is truly an addictive substance or not.
- To offer the tools and information needed to help Americans make wiser choices concerning the amount of sugar they consume in their diet
- To aid Americans in making wiser choices regarding sugar substitutes, sugar avoidance, or minimizing their consumption of sugar without fear mongering and through strongly upholding the following core values: replacing current sugar consumption with healthier foods, not restricting or limiting themselves to a diet, that decreasing or eliminating sugar from one’s diet is an issue of wellness not necessarily just weight loss.
Associate ProducerCaroline Pahl
CameraLaura Shields, Kirk Johnson
Official WebsiteComing Soon!
Purchase FilmComing Soon!